Welcome to Dunn, NC: Where Community Matters
Home | Contact | Print       A   A
News & Events


Dunn: All-American City 1989-2013

Planning & Zoning » Frequently Asked Questions« All Departments

QCan I place a for sale or other type of sign at the intersection down the street?
ANo, signs are not allowed in the right-of-way or on utility poles. Only on-premise signs are allowed with a permit. This regulation prevents safety hazards associated with temporary signs obstructing vision at intersections. This can cause unnecessary traffic accidents. In addition, these signs are unsightly and have a negative effect on the appearance of our community.

QI want to construct a fence in my yard. Do I need a permit and is there a maximum fence height?

No, a zoning permit is not required to build a fence. The maximum height of a fence in the front yard is four (4) ft and the maximum height of a fence in the rear yard is six (6) ft. The fence shall be on your property and not in the right of way or adjoining property.

QDo I need a development permit to place or construct a utility building on my property?

Yes, a development permit is required to protect the interest of you and your neighbors. The planning staff can assist you determining the appropriate place for your utility (accessory) building.

QCan I store business-related trucks on my residential property?
AYou may have no more than one truck up to one-ton size. Other commercial vehicle equipment storage is not allowed in residential zones.

»Rezoning Application
»Conditional Zoning Application
»Conditional Use Application
»Development Permit Application
»Dunn Sign Permit Application
»Sign Permit Placement
»Temporary Sign Permit Application
»Political Sign Permit Application
»Business Registration Form
»Fee Schedule
»Zoning District Setbacks
»Building Standard Specs
»NEW Landscape Requirements
»Municipal Service District Statement
»Resolution for Service District
»Dunn 2000 Census
»Comprehensive Bicycle Plan
»Dunn Municipal Service District Map
GIS Maps
»Dunn Zoning Map
»City Limits Map
»Pedestrian Map

 Related Links
Planning Links
»Code of Ordinances
»Stormwater Information
»Safe Routes to School
»NC Rural Development Center
»Complete Streets
»NC State Data Center
»Harnett County GIS
»NC Floodmaps
»Sampson County GIS
»Johnston County GIS
»National Register of Historic Places
»Preservation North Carolina