|Anyone who can write his or her own name and:
- lives in Harnett County, or
- lives in a contiguous county, or
- attends school in Harnett County, or
- owns property in the county, or
- works in the county.
We need some form of photo identification and an official document, such as a bill received in the mail, showing an applicant's current mailing address.
Any applicant under age 16 needs a parent or guardian to come in with them to grant parental permission at the time they get the card.
- Reference questions are answered (in person or on the phone).
- Loans of nonfiction books are made from libraries outside Harnett County (Interlibrary loans).
- Films are borrowed for you from the State Library
- Story time is held in these libraries each week for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Large print books
- Magazines, indexes
- Reference materials
- Local history sources
- Microcomputer lab
- Telephone directories
- NC LIVE Databases
- Bookdrop for convenient returns
- Spanish Collection
- Job Center
- Tax forms
- Web Access to Online Catalog
- Public Internet Access--No library card required
- Children's Internet Access (12 years and under must have a parent or guardian present while using the computers)
|Books, records, audiotapes
|Magazines, newspapers, slides, filmstrips
Renewal is possible for everything except videotapes and books on reserve for another patron. You may call the library to renew your items.
Fines begin on the tenth day after a three-week item is due; the fine is $1.00 and goes up $.10 each day afterwards. The fine for a three-day item is $.50 per day and begins the day after the item is due. The fine for one-week items is $.10 and begins the day after an item is due.
Notification that you have overdue items will be made by phone or letter a few days after the item is due, then again about a week later. A third notice is an invoice for items borrowed, and a letter from the County Attorney. Your borrowing privileges will be suspended after the third notice until your record has been cleared. Then, for a year, you will be a probationary patron, with limited borrowing privileges.